blog background

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fajitas and homemade salsa!

Last night it was N's turn to cook for supper club. She decided to make two different kinds of homemade salsa, and chicken fajitas. Take a look:



One kind (bottom) was a spicy pico de gallo kind of salsa, with lots of tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro, chili peppers and onions. The other kind (top) was a sweet tangy salsa. It was made with pineapples (the recipe called for mango's, and since those are out of season, she improvised - for the better I think, the pineapple turned out fabulous), chilies, cucumber, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and some salt and pepper.

For the chicken fajitas:






N did a great job!

Next week is my turn, yikes...I have to start planning ahead for the dinner. Since J is coming over tonight, maybe I'll try something out on him since he will eat anything I put in front of him (even if it is burned and over salted)- such a nice guy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment