blog background

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lord and Taylor



So yesterday on my lunch break I decided to go visit Lord and Taylor and have a look around. Of course, I cant go into a store without falling in love with something. So I bough two shirts, one French connection ruffled t-shirt:



And a BCBG generation tank top. I couldn't find a picture, but it has grey and white horizontal strips. Its a flowy top, that also has pockets of the same material, however the pattern is going vertical.

When I go to pay for my two tops, I ask the sales girl if there are any coupons that I could possibly use. She looks at me slightly disgusted then says 'no that coupon is only for items on sale'. Oh okay, no biggie, I'll buy them anyways and go on my way. Once I got back to my desk, I just thought I should check to make sure that the girl was telling the truth, and low and behold she was lying. Just to make a few extra pennies!

I printed out the coupon (which expires that same day) and made a plan to go back to the store, and demand some cash back. Once I left work, I went back to the store, and found the same girl (I know, a little bitchy but whatever) and showed her the coupon. She said she wasn't sure if it would apply, but fine, she would try. And as it turns out, it DID work - saved me $17.40!

I know, I know, they are just trying to make money, they do earn their salaries off of commission, I get that. However, I used to work in customer service, you try to help the customer out, and see what you can do to help them! At least, that was always my philosophy - make the customer happy with a discount, and they will come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment