blog background

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chicken Gyros and Greek Salads



Supper club was a lot of fun last night. I made dinner at my little place, which wasn't too bad. It just sucks that we all can't hang out in the kitchen while I cook because there isn't enough room :-( Oh well, someday...

For the chicken:

4 cloves garlic, smashed
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp. red wine vinegar (I thought I had red wine vinegar, but actually only had balsamic vinegar, so I just went with it...tasted pretty good)
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 heaping tbsp. plain yogurt
1 tbsp. dried oregano
Salt and pepper
1 1/4 lbs. chicken pieces

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, then cover it up and set in the frig to marinate for about an hour. After, cook the chicken regularly - I made it in a skillet:



Then toast the pita bread in the oven. Slather on some of the delicious tzatziki sauce (made the night before and it turned out amazing, still have a large amount left over, so I'll have to think of something creative to do with it...) add the chicken, lettuce, a little bit of feta, and tomatoes (if you like them) then you'll be good to go!

For the salad dressing:

1/4 cup red wine vinegar (same issue as the chicken, didn't have it, but went with the balsamic instead)
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil

Then for the salad:

Romaine lettuce
Sliced red onions
Sliced black olives (I actually hate olives and left them out, and I also forgot to get them at the store...oops)
Grape tomatoes, halved (I actually hate tomatoes as well, so I just cut up a normal tomato because I don't really think/know if it makes a difference grape tomatoes vs a regular one...so..yea...)
Cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
Crumbled feta cheese

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Sounds delicious! I will definitley be making this dish soon

    ReplyDelete