blog background

Friday, February 10, 2012

Girls Day on a Regular Tuesday

This week I had the pleasure of meeting up with my roommate Nia for an afternoon of good food, drinks, a little shopping and much needed catching up.

We first headed to get lunch at a Parish Cafe, a place that can guarantee amazing sandwiches that are all a little out of the ordinary - you certainly wont find your run of the mill turkey and cheese sandwich here.


Whenever I go out to eat, I usually like to try something new, something that I would never make myself. Hence the The Schlesinger:


The Schlesinger is Monterey jack cheese on warm banana nut bread topped with smoked ham and sided with a mango chutney. Served with picked ginger cabbage.

Strange? Of course - but it was surprisingly the best sandwich/dish I've had in a long time. It was the perfect combination of sweet and salty offering different textures and colors. I am definitely getting this again when I go back!

Nia went with a great version of chicken salad called The Bond Herb Roasted Chicken Salad:



The Bond Herb Roasted Chicken Salad is a roasted chicken breast mixed with sweet garlic aioli, roasted red onions, scallions, thyme and tarragon served on an italian sub roll with sliced tomatoes, romaine lettuce and crisp fried onions. Served with homemade potato salad.

This was an amazing sandwich as well. Normally I don't care for mayo sandwiches - tuna salad, chicken salad, egg salad - you get the point, something with the texture, the taste of mayo, it just grosses me out. However, this sandwich, because they use a garlic aioli, it hides the mayo taste making it a great sandwich to order as well.

Anyone in the boston area looking for a great lunch spot or date spot, I would definitely recommend this joint.

-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment