Last night I decided to try and make one of Jamie Oliver's curry recipes to go along with the 'ethnic'(sorry if this is considered politically incorrect) theme this month.
I picked the chicken Korma recipe because it looked easy, spicy, and I liked all the ingredients so I wouldn't need to substitute anything.
* 2 - pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, preferably organic and free-range
* 1 - large onion
* 1 - 2 inch piece of fresh ginger root
* 1 - 15 ounce can of chick peas, drained
* 2 - tablespoons butter
* 1/2 - cup of Korma curry paste (or mild curry paste), made by Patak's, or some other good brand
* 1 - 14 ounce can of coconut milk
* 1/2 cup of shredded, non-sweetened coconut
* 2 - cups greek style, plain yogurt
* 1/4 cup sliced almonds
* 1-2 chili peppers (optional)
* 1 - bunch fresh cilantro
* 1 - lemon
* vegetable oil
* kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
The steps for this recipe can be found here.
I also made a side of rice that had Cinnamon and nutmeg in it, making a perfect combination between the spicy curry and the sweet rice!
Also - HAD to have a side of nan bread!